Monday, July 18, 2011

His Bride


"You have stolen My heart, My sister, My bride; you have stolen My heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace. How delightful is your love, My sister, My bride! How much more pleasing is your love than wine, and the fragrance of your perfume more than any spice!"
Song of Solomon 4:9-10


The passion of Christ's heart burns within my soul! 
I can barely contain the torrential flood of overwhelming love and joyous revelation that I am His bride, His chosen, His gift from the Father. 


How delightful is my love toward Him.


This is His work.

Because I often wonder how can I live up to such an extraordinary calling when I so often fail in my own marriage here in this temporary life, what kind of bride am I through the holy eyes of the Bridegroom, the ultimate Husband, and Master, and Friend? 







I look in the mirror, into my own wandering eyes, pools of blue and gray, and I see stubborn leftover parts of a willful child dressed in sour pride and fear and discontent. A wicked voice determines to pin me to my old reputation of ugly and selfish and cold. 


The Bridegroom sweetly offers His faithful hand to me anyway, in spite of my fleshly disease, trusting the Divine Creator has created a new veil and gown for me. The color of righteousness white.

He smiles upon helplessness, my wretched soul melts, and as He teaches me to trust with a trust I have never known, I begin to feel safe and believe Him, learning to desire more and more the abandonment of who I once was, who I am now, and wholly crave the one He wants me to be.

I want to love with pleasing love.

Ah, then it occurs to me. I no longer feel the desperate need to be a better person, a better wife, a better Christian; what I feel is the compelling need to love Jesus.  


This is His work alone.

Humbled, I wait patiently, learning to trust Him completely to finish all He has begun and desires to do in me, His righteous bride. 


“Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, and to see My glory, the glory You have given Me because You loved Me before the creation of the world. Righteous Father, though the world does not know You, I know You, and they know that You have sent Me. I have made You known to them, and will continue to make You known in order that the love You have for Me may be in them and that I myself may be in them." John 17:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment