Sunday, January 9, 2011

"GOD IS JUDGE" is my Name

I've been told that I am not enough.

Not fast enough.
Not smart enough.
Not skinny enough.


Not good enough.



Rejection settled deep within my bones and decayed my self confidence.


In desperate acts to be good enough,

I've spent myself
And starved myself.
I've sacrificed myself half to death.

All to be "enough".

I've been told I am too much.

Too harsh.
Too weak.
Too bold.

Too much.


The
Son of God was crucified for being too much.

Too righteous.
Too truthful.

Too holy.
Too god-like.

Truth called out the idolater, the hypocrite, the adulteress, and the Vipers.

Love sought out transgressors; with His blood, paid every man's debt.

Just as well, the
Son of God has been told He is not enough.

Not tolerant enough.
Not cool enough.
Not fair enough.
Not flashy enough.


As a depraved world of withering bones craves to be fed, it desperately grapples for temporal remedies.  All to perpetuate delusive feedings, the darkness of deception and death set in. The whole in it's heart is forsaken.

Empty passions,
Selfish ambitions,
Worldly pleasures,
Tormenting addictions

All imitate opulence to the lost and hurting soul.




I am not enough and I am too much.

I am OK with this.

Because of this very thing: the One who has begun a good work in me will continue unto completion.

For the
Son of God is my bounty, my advocate, and Redeemer.

He is my passion and my comfort.
He is my God, 

He is my Lord, Jesus Christ.


He is my judge.

He is more than enough.


Is He enough for you?


"God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. If indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness." Genesis 1:27, Ephesians 4:21-24

GOD IS JUDGE: "For man looks outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Sam. 16:7

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful writing, my friend.

    Yes, I am enough because I AM is enough.

    May I rest in that today and everyday!

    ReplyDelete